Our five commitments for dignity and security in retirement will:
- Reward those who have worked hard by continuing to increase the State Pension through the triple lock
- Reward saving by introducing a new single-tier pension
- Give people the freedom to invest and spend their pension however they like – and let them pass it on to loved ones tax-free
- Give everyone the help they deserve in later life by protecting pensioner benefits including the free bus pass, TV licence and winter fuel payment
- Ensure Britain has a strong economy, so we can protect the NHS and make sure no-one is forced to sell their home to pay for care
These commitments reward those who have worked hard and done the right thing – and will secure a better future for our elderly and for Britain.